Tuesday 24 April 2012

III Sisters of nature/ 3 sisters of nature curly whip pudding

How much do i hate thee? Let me count the ways.

This product is horrible. Let me just get that straight out of the gate.  It is billed as "Frizz free, soft fluffy curls, defines curls, waves, twists for kinky styles" and that it "compares to Miss Jessie's curly pudding".  What did it deliver? Flakes upon flakes upon flakes upon flakes. It will cover, it will envelope your hair in flakes! You will look as if cornflakes were crushed in the heavens and sprinkled throughout your mane, that's what you get.

OK. Let me tell my story. I initially tried it on hair that had been washed maybe 3 days prior and only moisturised with rosewater glycerine. I thought maybe that's why the section of hair i used it upon was flake city, because it wasn't totally clean. Fair enough. So i used it a week later on clean hair(i use sulfate shampoo's and clean thoroughly) and while my hair was drying i saw the flakes. I had to blow-dry the flakes out of my hair. I used actually three of their products afterwards  and i was not impressed, but I'm going to use them separately again just to see if it was only the curly whip pudding that flakes.

It didn't really define my hair either. I would advise you to skip this altogether.

Directions: Apply curly whip to hair that has been shampooed and conditioned. Then part damp hair in large sections. Use fingers as comb when applying a generous amount of curly whip pudding to hair. Finally let hair airdry.

Ingredients: Deionized water (aqua), polyquaternium 10 PEG 14, Glycerol, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, PEG33 and PEG8 dimethicone, triethanolamine, sodium polyacrylate and ethylhexylsterate tridecety-6, fragrance (parfum), aloe extract(aloe barbadensis) soybean oil (glycine soja) babassu oil ( orbignya oleifera), honey, macadamia nut oil ( ternifolia), papaya extract( carica), avocado oil (persea gratissma), bay laurel extract (lauris nobilis), sweet almond extract (primus amygdalus), chamomile extract (anthemis nobilis)

It smells like bubblegum though and is purple. That's a plus eh? Am  i happy that i only  bought a sample size. In the words of M. Bison


sorry the pics look dirty, I've been carrying this pot in my bag for a week or two.



Retail price i saw £6.99. Sample size £1.99






2 comments:

  1. I had a very difference experience. I damped my hair then place shea butter mixture combed through then place curly whip on each section to twist out. It turned out fine...I retwisted the next day without product and curls are still defined. It's funny how products may produce different results for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very true, every individual is different. The composition of my hair and the composition of these products just didn't provide a positive reaction.

    *Imagines herself sitting on Oprah's couch* I can only speak my truth *nods head to rapturous applause*

    ReplyDelete