Thursday 23 January 2014

Milani Color statement lipstick review. Teddy Bare and Plum rose

My new favourite Nude! Yay!

I cannot say how much i love these lipsticks. They are fabulous. The Milani Teddy Bare is great if you have dark lips like me and want a brown nude with just hint of pink. It is extremely hard to find in a lipstick and i'm always having to mix and match when i want something i can just drag across my lips in one fell swoop!

 I also picked up the plumrose shade. Again a great pink for darker skintones. I wear both regularly and have done so for weeks. Teddy Bare is my everyday lipstick.

They smell like in the words of Beyonce "watermelon", they smell exactly like jolly ranchers( which no longer exist in the UK) or any other watermelon scented sweet. They are very creamy and don't dry out your lips.

Per the Milani site the shades come in Pearl, matte, shimmer, vinyl, metallic and cream.

http://www.milanicosmetics.com/p-153-color-statement-lipstick.aspx

The only con? They are not readily available. I bought these at an Afro hair shop or BSS as they are known called Juliets in Peckham. I don't even know if they sell them anywhere else! They also came with the whole behind the counter testers, no testers for certain products, personal space being invaded that happens at so many of these stores. Come on Milani get it together! Roll out your new products in ALL Afro hair shops and have some sort of directive on how they are displayed and sold!

Anyway they cost £3.99 each and i will buy LOADS.
Teddy Bare no flash

TeddyBare Flash

TeddyBare 

Plumrose no flash
Plumrose flash






1 comment:

  1. Teddy Bare looks gorgeous on you:) ! The packaging reminds me of Max Factor Colour Elixir lipsticks but with a great price tag. I will be searching out for this one. Oh and I totally agree companies like Milani need to publicise more and work out how to reach their target market.

    ReplyDelete