Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ever felt bad for buying a product because it goes against your principles?

 DR Miracles Daily moisturizing lotion review


I had a problem. I was in a bind. I had only a couple of pounds on me and i needed a moisturiser. Fast. I went to my local Afro hair shop/BSS and that's when the trouble started. I was rooting around, i was tired, i just wanted to pick something up and go. Listlessly wandering the isles i steered my way towards a product range i never go near. Dr Miracles. Why you asked? Because of their (past?/present?) advertisements. That in the words of Run DMC "Go a little something like this"

Google them there are worse. That's right they usually depict natural hair as being "yuck" and then the problem solver being a Dr miracles relaxer!!! Why did no one tell me this before??? Anyway the inference that natural afro hair is disgusting and needs to be fixed put me right off their range. I'm not their desired customer so i just look the other way. Until now.

I was a natural haired traitor. I bought their daily moisturising lotion, and you know whats worse. It was GOOD! Damn, damn, damn. I bought it because it was £2 i needed a quick fix and it was freely available. How can something so bad feel so good????

If you like heavy products this one is for you. Too much can leave hair feeling greasy( i don't mind that) and if you set your hair in styles such as twist outs and braid outs etc, it does give definition. It smells kinda nice too. Its silicone free, but not paraben free

 INGREDIENTS:
Aqua (Water) Deionized, Sorbitol , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Petrolatum, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Mel (Honey), Simmondsia Chinensis (JoJoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Aloe Barbabadenesis (Aloe Extract), Stearic Acid, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 60, PEG 25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cyclohexasiloxaine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben , Propylparaben, Diazodinyl Urea, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellol, d-Limonine, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Lanalool.

Would i buy it again? I have principles so I'm on the look out for an alternative.  But if push comes to shove....... ( Never count on me when the revolution comes i don't have the mettle)


1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing that picture and thinking that I liked her hair before. Tried their products they felt weird, smelt medicated and didn't do a thing for me ... next. Lol I hear you on the principle front, oh it does hurt sometimes to have standards :)

    ReplyDelete