Wednesday 20 June 2012

African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Buttery creme

I di not have high hopes for this product. I had used Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding and  HATED it. So since i found out these very may well be the SAME product (Click the link for more info) CLICK ME TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH. THE RED OR THE BLUE PILL?

I was mad. Anyway i was messing around on the weekend and decided to give this product a whirl. I was looking really for a hair moisturiser and something thick and heavy, not really a styler since i don't wear wash and go's and hairstyles of that nature.  I also do not mess with my hair when wet so all pictures are of DRY hair.


Lets go!




 Ingredients: ( i spy a cone.)


( if you can't see the pics and want the full ingredient list, leave a comment or go to the contact me section of the blog and ask me on twitter or email me and I'll write it out for you )


Anyway on hair that had been moisturised with rosewater glycerine, i applied the buttery creme. My hair was dry and just taken out of a braid

Before

 After ( sorry about the pic quality)




I then was bored and put it all over my head in a bantu knot for maybe half an hour.

If you already have a curl pattern blah blah blah it does define it. Here's another random pic

Sorry my other pictures are all really BAD.

The product does not elongate like it claims, but it does define hair when added and also when used for  twist outs( my twist out pics were worse than these!) I don't wear my hair out like these pictures but if somebody does wear  wash and go style i would probably use this and then maybe some sort of gel on top. It is quite good. I think it would be fab on a nice short cut.

I however wanted it for its moisturising properties and its just OK. I feel like it leaves a residue/film and my hair does not feel properly moisturised if you get  what I'm saying. It has a nice smell.

Its claims:



African Pride®’s Shea Butter Miracle™ Butter Créme gives amazing manageability, softness and shine to naturally Curly, Wavy, Kinky-Coily Mixed Textures, plus perfect for Transitioners.
Benefits:
• Nourish & Soften Curls, Coils and Waves
• Stretch & Elongate Curls and Kinky-Coils
• Smooth and Tame Frizz



I would say it does smooth and tame frizz but any elongation properties are temporary. 

It was £2.79 for a 6oz jar and i think its very good for the price considering its performance and the ingredients( apart from that cone) don't seem to be bad at all.



Thumbs up as a styler but since i wear my hair in "in styles" i may not repurchase.


1 comment:

  1. Shea butter is an extract from the shea nut seed of the tree called shea or karite tree. This tree matures in twenty years, but its full production doesn't come until it is forty-five years old.

    African Shea butter

    ReplyDelete