Saturday 16 June 2012

Seeing Double AKA The curious case of African pride, beautiful textures, nice and curly AND III sisters of nature.

My Sherlock Holmes Icon is warranted. Over the past couple of months I've seen curl products pop up in the Afro hair shop. Dr Miracles have come out with a line ( yeah really, after the curls are yuck, straight is good advertising line they've been peddling for the past couple of years) ORS curls unleashed, sofnfree nothing but curls, III sisters of nature, beautiful textures and I'm sure many more will reach our shores.

Well last week i spied that African Pride have come out with a "back to natural" range for mixed textures. I opened the bottles and immediately the smell and texture of the products harkened back to the beautiful textures products i had used. ( with not great results)

Today i spied the "nice and curly" range and the gel of that range smelt suspiciously like the III sisters of nature products. Which i used to disastrous results!

Well silly me bought them anyway. I bought the Shea butter miracle moisture intense buttery creme from African pride and the Nice and curly same day repair creme conditioner.


At the shop i was convinced that maybe the products that smelt and felt the same were perhaps using the same base ingredients, so when  i got home some internet sleuthing was needed.  The results are turned up made me realise what an idiot i had been!

The African pride back to natural range and the Beautiful textures range have the same product design! The only difference is the African pride packaging is made up of orange yellow and green and the beautiful textures is red orange and yellow. They even have the same circular flourishes and language.
DUH!!!!

Anyway they are both produced by strength of nature. The only difference is African pride products are cheaper than beautiful textures. Even the photography and makeup of the models is the same! Oh more fool me.


Now onto III sisters of nature who i found out fall under the umbrella of the rastagroup. They make the Jamaican mango and lime stuff amongst others. Well nice and curly is made by them too! Again i don't know whats going on in terms of performance and I'm not sure about the price point either. The products had just come into the shop today and the guy just made up a price for me.

Anyway I'm not sure why this whole same product in different packaging shenanigans is going on for, but I'll tr out both products this week.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it but i really didn't like it. Lets jam curl custard is ten times better. I really need to do a post on that ASAP. Their Forget me Knot leave in is the truth though. If you want great definition combine the two

      Delete